Why read: This is an inspirational list of boy mom quotes about the precious love a mom and a son share.
This post might contains affiliate links. If you click highlighted links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
What a joy it is to be a boy mom!
The bond you share is unique and like no other.
From that first heartbeat to the time they’re finally born, you cherish every moment.
As they grow up, you experience roughhousing, joining their first sports team, or a fascination with insects, proving that every day with a little boy is an adventure.
Through the good times and the rough ones, boy moms go through it all.
Let these uplifting boy mom quotes remind you of how special the bond between mother and son is, of all the precious memories you share, and of all the good times to come.
1.“And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself.” – Shel Silverstein
2. “A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent.”- Cheri Fuller
3. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
4. “Let France have good mothers, and she will have good sons.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
5. “When I was a child, my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.’ Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” – Pablo Picasso
Baby boy mom quotes
Boys come bursting into the world and the first person they see and connect with is their beloved mom.
There is nothing quite like those first moments when you hear your boy’s first cries and hold them for the first time, calming them simply by being in their presence.
These mom and baby boy quotes will remind you of just how sacred that relationship and all the little moments to come are.
6. “You will be his first kiss, his first love, his first friend. You’re his momma and he is your whole world. He is your little boy.” – Anonymous
7. “The first woman a little boy falls in love with is his mom.” – Anonymous
8. “The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.” – Jane Austen
9. “To wake up to the sound of my son saying ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever.” – Miranda Kerr
10. “Yet now in my arms, I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man. I cannot imagine that soft little face one-day having whiskers.” – Rhonda Stoppe
11. “From the day her son is born, a mother will make sure to become his biggest love, shelter, and support system.” – Anonymous
12. “His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it.” – Anonymous
13. “Little hands and little feet, little toothless grins so sweet, little eyes that shine so bright, little arms to hug you tight, everything’s little except your joy when you have a new baby boy.” – Anonymous
14. “A smile from my baby boy makes it all worth it.” – Anonymous
15. “It makes me smile knowing that my sweet baby boy is half me and half the person I love.” – Anonymous
- 85+ Heartfelt Happy First Mother’s Day Quotes And Messages
- Practical Baby Wipe Uses You Probably Haven’t Tried
Funny boy mom quotes
There are always countless surprises in store when you have a little boy.
From their first chuckle to something simply hysterical, things are always eventful and laughter is inevitable even if you’re not a funny mom.
Laugh and giggle as you read these oh-so-relatable funny quotes.
One of them is sure to put a smile on your face.
16. “My son makes me smile when he stands up for what he believes in, even if it’s his right to have a second portion of dessert.” – Anonymous
17. “A boy is truth with dirt on its face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.” – Anonymous
18. “If boy puberty hired a marketing firm to design a logo, it would be an image of a closed door; if it were animated, the door would be slamming.” – Cara Natterson
19. “Here’s what I’ve learned about raising boys… if you keep ’em busy, they’re fine. You let ’em get bored, they’ll dismantle your house board by board.” – Kenny Rogers
20. “You’re going to miss this someday, I whisper to myself as I’m shot in the butt with a nerf gun while unclogging the toilet” – Unknown
And here is one of the most hilarious boy mom memes from the Internet as a bonus. 😀
Mommy’s boy quotes
I couldn’t put together this article without tears.
How lucky and grateful I am to have my son.
All of these sayings are so relatable and such a true representation of what parenting is all about. Plus, they can be viewed as parenting advice from the world’s greatest minds.
21. “It doesn’t matter how old a son is. Even when he is big and strong, he will always be a little boy to his mother.” – Anonymous
22. “I have a son, who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.” – Maya Angelou
23. “There’s no doubt a mother’s love for her son is one of the best things in the world.” – Anonymous
24. “To a mother, a son is never a fully grown man; and a son is never a fully grown man until he understands and accepts this about his mother.” – Anonymous
25. “Even the toughest little boy needs to let a few tears out.” – Anonymous
Sweet Boy Mom Quotes
Countless moments arise in a boy mom’s life when you are simply amazed by your boys.
Other times you’re in awe of the bond you’ve developed.
Cherish these sweet boy mom quotes that will touch your heart and remind you of that tying bond.
26. “Of course, my son has been the center of my life and will always be the center of my love. When he was young, I was the rock in his life. Now that I am old, he is the rock in my life.” – Hyacinth Mottley
27. “Sometimes a mother wonders if her son could have a better mother, but she knows for sure that there doesn’t exist a better son.” – Anonymous
28. “The most important mark I will leave on this world is my son.” – Sarah Shahi
29. “Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes, and realize I’ve already created one.” – Anonymous
30. “Your son will hold your hand for a little while but your heart for a lifetime.” – Anonymous
31. “There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.” – Washington Irving
To The Boy Who Made Me A Mom Quotes
From the moment you hear their heartbeat to the moment they’re born, having a baby boy for the first time is an experience like no other.
It is one that is entirely unique, especially if it’s a mom’s first child.
Let these first-time boy mom quotes bring you back to those special memories and remind me of your importance as his mother.
32. “The moment that little bundle of pink, squirming flesh slips into our arms, love touches us. We feel it, not just in our hearts, but also on our skin. He is there. Our son.” – Meg Meeker Md
33. “So there’s this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me ‘mom’.”- Anonymous
34. “Having a child makes you realize the importance of life, narcissism goes out the window. Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine.” – Jenny McCarthy
35. “A baby boy arrives, and just like that, everything changes. The world gets bigger, hearts grow fuller, and life means more because he’s in it.” – Anonymous
36. “I asked God for a life full of love and happiness. He sent me this beautiful baby boy.” – Anonymous
37. “Maybe your mother isn’t able to give you everything you want. But, she is able to give you even more – her love.” – Anonymous
Raising Boys Quotes
All boy moms know that raising a boy is never dull and is always tons of fun.
Every moment of every day is an eventful one.
These boy mom quotes reflect on the daily adventures moms and sons go through together as you raise them and as they grow up.
38. “Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am. Undoubtedly, there are other routes to learning the wishes and dreams of the presumably opposite sex, but I know of none more direct, or more highly motivating, than being the mother of sons.” – Mary Kay Blakely
39. “Even more, than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise learned one.” – Thiruvalluvar
40. “You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes.” – Wally Schirra
41. “If you would have your son walk honorably through the world, you must not attempt to clear the stones from his path, but teach him to walk firmly over them – not insist upon leading him by the hand, but let him learn to go alone.” – Anne Bronte
42. “To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind.” – Shannon L. Alder
43. “Mother is her son’s first god. She must teach him the most important lesson of all – how to love.” – T. F. Hodge
44. “But boys are different from girls and not just physically. Acknowledging, appreciating, and understanding that boys are boys is essential in raising a son.” – Catherine Musco Garcia Prats
45. “Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free.” – C.J. Milbrandt
46. “God created boys full of spirit and fun to explore and conquer, to romp and run.” – Anonymous
47. “If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling, he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it.” – Sigmund Freud
Single Boy Mom Quotes
When you’re a single mom raising a boy is doubly challenging.
And when things get especially hard, remember you’re also getting all the love!
48. “The only man who has stolen my heart is my son.” – Sandra Bullock
49. “When I was in great sadness from life’s hardships, all I needed to see was my son’s smile. Caring for him as my daily routine has helped me become a happy person and mother. My son is my hero.” – Anonymous
50. “My mother was the one constant in my life. When I think about my mom raising me alone when she was 20, and working and paying the bills, and, you know, trying to pursue your own dreams, I think is a feat that is unmatched.” – Barack Obama
Boy Quotes From Mom
Use these boy mom quotes for Instagram or Pinterest.
Your mom friends raising sons will also relate.
51. “Son, you will outgrow my lap but never my heart.” – Anonymous
52. “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.” – Maya Angelou
53. “My sweet baby boy, you are more than we ever expected and better than we ever imagined.” – Anonymous
54. “I might not be able to give my little baby boy everything he wants in life, but what I can give him is my unconditional love, plenty of hugs and kisses, and a happy home.” – Anonymous
55. “To my son. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the man I know you can be.” – Anonymous
56. “One thing about having a baby is that each step of the way you simply cannot imagine loving him any more than you already do, because you are bursting with love, loving as much as you are humanly capable of—and then you do, you love him even more.” – Anne Lamott
Short And Cute Boy Mom Quotes
These short boy mom quotes would be perfect for gift cards to a pregnant friend expecting a boy.
Or use them in a photo book for all the sweet memories you create with your boy.
57. “Excuse the noise, I’m raising boys.”- Anonymous
58. “And suddenly, he was my everything.” – Anonymous
59. “A small son can charm himself into, and out of, most things.” – Jenny de Vries
60. “Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.” – Sophocles
61. “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” – Henry Ward Beecher
What A Mom Means To A Son Quotes
While your son might not always express the special love he has for you, he knows you always have his back.
This helps him in tough times like nothing else. And you can always try to rekindle the mother and son bond when you’re growing apart.
These “what a mom means to a son” quotes are ideal for Mother’s day too.
62. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
63. “No matter how strong, independent, or ‘man’ you are, the first thing that comes to your mind when you’re sick is, ‘I wish Mom was here.’‘- Anonymous
64. “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.” – Irish Proverb
65. “A son will search for the ultimate love his entire love, but will finally realize it was within his mother all along.”- Anonymous
66. “Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged.” – Louisa May Alcott
67. “Moms are as relentless as the tides. They don’t just drive us to practice, they drive us to greatness.” – Steve Rushin
68. “It doesn’t matter what problems follow a man; he always knows that he is the best for his mother.” – Anonymous
69. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
70. “Most young men are such bores. They haven’t lived long enough to learn that they are not the wonders to the world they are to their mothers.” – L.M. Montgomery
71. “Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother’s love is not.” – James Joyce
72.“My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.” George Washington
73. “My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart—a heart so large that everybody’s joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation.” – Mark Twain
74. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” Michael Jordan
One Last Thing
From the moment you find out the gender to the actual birth to his first steps, having a little boy in your life is an experience like no other.
As soon as you hear his first cries and are the one to soothe him, he knows he is safe in this world and in your arms.
You, on the other hand, feel unconditional love and an urge to protect him no matter the cost. The bond mother and son share will be cherished for a lifetime by both.
Take in these inspirational boy mom quotes and let them remind you of the powerful relationship and bond you two will always have through all life’s trying times.
Let me know in the comments which one of these mother son quotes resonated with you the most!