Why read: Need ideas for first Father’s Day quotes, wishes, or messages for your husband, son, sibling, friend, or yourself? This list will help!
This post might contain affiliate links. If you click highlighted links and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
For many men, becoming a father is one of the most significant milestones in their lives.
If you’re celebrating your first Father’s Day this year, you’re probably feeling a range of emotions, from excitement and pride to maybe a little bit of anxiety. After all, there’s a lot to learn in those first few months and years!
There is no better way to feel special than going through heartfelt first Father’s Day quotes and messages from some well-known fathers – both real and fictional!
These quotes are a great indication of how fulfilling and heartwarming fatherhood is, despite all the uncertainties and challenges along the way.
And if you’re here in search of the right words to wish a happy 1st Father’s Day to the special person in your life – husband, son, sibling, friend – scroll down to find moving first Father’s Day wishes and messages.
Feel free to use these sweet happy first Father’s Day quotes and messages on a card or social media post to make the amazing father figure in your life feel loved and appreciated.
First Father’s Day Quotes
Whether you’re looking for a little inspiration today or just a good laugh, these first-time dad quotes are sure to do the trick.
So sit back, relax, and enjoy your first Father’s Day!
1. “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad.” – Anne Geddes
2. “Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.” – Unknown
3. “The best gift a man can give to the world is to be a good father.” – Renee Daniels
4. “Being a dad isn’t easy…but when somebody does it right, it reminds the rest of us what a world-changing difference a good dad can make.” – Andrew Blackburn
5. “A father is the perfect blend of superhero, coach, and friend.” – Jeannie Hund
Child Handprint Keepsake Gift For Father’s Day
Looking for a meaningful first Father’s Day gift? Create a one-of-a-kind keepsake gift with the baby’s handprint that the dad will cherish for years to come. Choose from 10 different designs!
6. “Being a father isn’t always clear skies and smooth sailing. But every bit of the journey, the ups and downs and in-betweens, makes it an even more meaningful adventure.” – Courtney Taylor
7. “A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one.” – Linda Poindexter
8. “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do—be there.” – Max Lucado
9. “Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” – Barack Obama
10. “Shh…There’s a brand-new, big-hearted dad making sure a tiny little dream is safe and sound.” –Jim Howard
11. “A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” – Dimitri the Stoneheart
12. “To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father.” –Nick Lachey
13. “A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again.” – Unknown
14. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” – Sigmund Freud
15. “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” – Unknown
16. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Billy Graham
17. “Of all the gifts a dad can give his kid, maybe the best one of all is a good example to follow.” – Joey Benevento
18. “[Fatherhood is] the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can’t explain it until it happens; it’s like telling somebody what water feels like before they’ve ever swam in it.” – Michael Bublé
19. “Being a good dad starts with being a good man.” – Paul Treacy
20. “Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every single day.” – Mike Myers
21. “Fathers just have a way of putting everything together.” – Erika Cosby
22. “A happy family is a reflection of a good father and a loving husband.” – Unknown
23. “A strong father means a strong family.” – Melvina Young
24. “I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers or just spiritual fathers.” – T.D. Jakes
“All About My Dad” Fill In The Blanks Interview Card
Another great Father’s Day gift to be made by kids aged 4 and up? By filling in this interview card, your child will feel immense joy in creating their own unique gift for their daddy.
25. “Have fun’ is my message. Be silly. You’re allowed to be silly. There’s nothing wrong with it.” –Jimmy Fallon
26. “I had no expectations about fatherhood, really, but it’s definitely a journey I’m glad to be taking.” – Christopher Melon
27. “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” – Reed Markham
28. “A father’s faith is his family’s guiding light.” – Jeannie Hund
29. “Dad is the staple gun that holds the family together.” – Allyson Cook
30. “A dad’s job is to lift his daughter up so that one day she will rise on her own.” – Catherine Hollyer
31. “It’s an ongoing joy being a dad.” – Liam Neeson
32. “Fatherhood is the best thing that could happen to me, and I’m just glad I can share my voice.” –Dwyane Wade
34. “The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage.” – Unknown
35. “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place, especially for their children.” – Hillary Lytle
36. “The thrill of being a great father is not seeing your children go on to become successful adults. The thrill of a great father is the journey, experiencing your child’s successes along the pathway to their greatness.” – Reed Markham
37. “Fathers and daughters, connected by heart right from the start!” – Paige DeRuyscher
38. “The first time I saw my son, it felt like time stopped.” – John Legend
39. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” – Pam Brown
40. “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” – Unknown
41. “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” – John Gregory Brown
42. “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” – Frank A. Clark
43. “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland
44. “Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds.” – Terri Guillemets
45. “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” – Steve Martin
46. “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father.” – Unknown
47. “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.” – Dave Attell
48. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
49. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.'” – Michael Jordan
50.”The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Antoine François Prévost
51. “To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.” – Euripides
52. “When my father didn’t have my hand he had my back”. – Linda Poindexter
53. “When you need real understanding, when you need someone to care, when you need someone to guide you… A father’s always there.” – Thomas J. Langley
54. “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty” – Unknown
55. “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father.” – Lydia Maria Child
56. “The imprint of a father remains forever on the life of a child.” – Roy Lessin
57. “The nature of parenthood is that you’re doing something you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified when you do it.” – John Green
58. “Children learn to smile from their parents.” – Shinichi Suzuki
59. “Father! – to God himself we cannot give a holier name!” – William Wordsworth
First Father’s Day Messages from Wife
If you’re struggling to find the perfect words to express your love and appreciation for your husband on his first Father’s Day, these sentimental first Father’s Day wishes will help you get started. Also check these 15 thoughtful gift ideas for Father’s Day your husband will treasure for years to come.
Feel free to use these sweet messages on your own card. Or you can print out the pretty card I made below on a card stock paper, cut out the bottom part with my website, and voila! You’ll have a beautiful card with a first Father’s Day sayings from wife ready!
Or check out these words of affirmation for men for more inspiration.
60. “You are an amazing husband and father. This past year has been so incredible watching you become a dad.”
61. “I am so grateful you are the father of my children. I love watching you take care of our baby. Happy first’s Father’s Day.”
62. “I couldn’t have asked for a better dad for our baby. You are amazing in every way possible. Happy first Father’s Day!”
63. “Thank you for being the strength our family needed. You are the love of my life, our protector, and the best father ever.”
64. “Thank you for being the best provider all day long and the best daddy as soon as you come home. We love each minute we spend with you.”
65. “I love sharing parenthood with you. Happy Father’s Day!”
66. “I hope you can enjoy this special day just for you. You are an incredible husband and father of our little one.”
67. “You are the best provider for our family. We are so grateful for your daily sacrifice.”
68. “I am so blessed to raise our children along your side.”
69. “Somehow, when you became a dad, you got even more attractive. I’m so in love with you and the father you have become. Happy Father’s Day, honey!”
First Father’s Day Messages from Parents
Father’s Day is a special day to celebrate the fathers in our lives, even if it’s your own son!
Make your son’s first Father’s Day extra special by sending him a heartfelt happy first Father’s Day to my son message.
70. “We are so proud of the father you have become this past year. We love watching you raise your little one and will continue to enjoy it as you grow and blossom. Happy first Father’s Day, son!”
71. “Seeing you with your baby has been an experience unlike anything else. We love you and your little family so much!”
72. “I hope you love being a dad as much as I love watching you be a dad! Happy Father’s Day.”
73. “Wishing you a day full of laughter, tickles, chases, and fun. You are an amazing dad!”
74. “I am so glad you made the choice to become a parent. You are a great provider, nurturer, and kind father to your baby girl. Enjoy this special day just for you!”
75. “We are so thankful you decided to become a dad so that we could be grandparents! I hope you have the best Father’s Day ever.”
76. “Being a dad is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I am so happy you get to experience this too.”
77. “I loved watching you as you grew up, and now that I get to watch you raise your own child, my heart is full. Happy 1st Father’s Day, son.”
First Father’s Day Wishes from Friend
When your friend becomes a father, it’s a big deal. So, on the first Father’s Day, you might want to offer your help, give him a card or a gift to show how much you care.
Here are some ideas on how to brighten your friend’s day with warm first Father’s Day greetings.
78. “Thank you for being such a good example of how to raise children. I cannot wait until I have a child so we can be dad friends together!”
79. “You are an amazing friend and an even better dad to your child. I hope you can enjoy this first of many holidays just for you.”
80. “Thank you for being such a great friend to me all these years. Enjoy this day with your baby boy!”
81. “This day is all about you, so relax, have fun, and soak up all the good times with your family. Happy first Father’s Day!”
82. “I knew I could always count on you as a friend. Now, your baby will always be able to count on you as well.”
83. “Enjoy your first Father’s Day! I really admire your strength and dedication to your family.”
84. “Anyone can become a father, but you go above and beyond to be the best dad you can be, and that is what this world needs. You deserve this special day. Enjoy it!”
85. “I still cannot believe you are already a dad. It seems like yesterday we were out playing together in the mud. I hope you can enjoy your first Father’s Day!”
First Father’s Day Messages from Sibling
86. “I loved being your brother, so I knew I would love being your child’s uncle/aunt, but it is even better than I expected! Happy Father’s Day!”
87. “Thanks for setting the perfect example for me on how to be the best dad possible. Happy first Father’s Day!”
88. “I hope your day is as awesome as you; Happy Father’s Day!”
89. “You were such a fun brother growing up. I know your kids will love playing with you as much as I did.”
90. “I’m so glad I have someone to look up to when it comes to being the best dad. Thanks for your example.”
91. “I am proud to call you my brother. You are an incredible sibling and an even better father to your child. I hope you can enjoy this special day.”
92. “You make being a dad look so effortless! Happy first Father’s Day!”
One Last Thing
Becoming a father is one of the most amazing, life-changing experiences a man can have.
I hope these first Father’s Day quotes and messages help you celebrate YOU today!
Let me know in the comments which of these first Father’s Day quotes you could relate to the most.
- 85+ Heartfelt Happy First Mother’s Day Quotes And Messages
- 70+ Boy Mom Quotes About The Precious Love You Share